Thursday 2 February 2017

January Wrap Up


Hello everyone. I am here with my first wrap up!

I would be filming and uploading these to Youtube, if I had the courage...which I don't, but maybe one day!


I am going to stick along the same kind of lines as Youtube though, and provide you with posts about what I have read during each month, and also my TBR pile for the upcoming month...so without further ado..here is what I read during the month of January.

Max: Best Friend. Hero. Marine. by Jennifer Li Shotz                                 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I received this book as a Christmas present as I wanted to watch the film, but I always love to read the books first so I can compare the two. It was a lovely story and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I would now like to read more by this author, and plan to read her other novel which is called Hero. You can find my review of this book here MAX

⭐⭐⭐⭐











Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley                                                              ⭐⭐⭐
I kindly received this book for review from Harliquin. It's a young adult coming of age novel and one of the first diverse books I have ever read. I don't want to go into too much detail now as I don't want to spoil the review which is due to go up on my blog at 9am GMT on the 9th February, so be sure to look out for that.
I can however reveal I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. I will discuss this book in full in my review.

                                                                                                                                                        









Sisters Red by Jackson Pierce                                                                                   ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is one of the books that has been sat on my shelves for quite some time, as I had heard about it on booktube and it had piqued my interest. It is a modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and I honestly don't know why I didn't pick this book up sooner!!!
Again I'm not going to say too much as the review is due to go up on here this week and I don't want to spoil it, but I loved this book! I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I am now looking forward to reading Sweetly by the same author, which is a retelling of Hansel and Gretel.

                                                                                                                                                  





I am really pleased I managed to read 3 books during the month of January as it was quite a busy month for me. I turned 31 on the 15th and also suffered with chronic toothache due to an infection (double extraction happening in Feb :( not looking forward to that!).
I will be posting my February TBR later on today so be sure to look out for that. It's scheduled to go live at 9pm GMT and it's a month full of review books I have been kindly sent from various publishers.

So until my next post everyone...

0 comments:

Post a Comment